Beginning May 20, Link TV will present Made in Taiwan, a dynamic series of new Taiwanese cinema never before seen on American television. The weekly series will run through July 8. The diverse documentary and narrative films explore social and environmental issues facing the island.
The film series include Blue Cha Cha, Nyonya's Taste of Life, The Squid Daddy's Labor Room, Vision of Darkness, The Secret in the Satchel, Artemisia, The Doctor, and Let It Be. For show times and previews of the eight films, please visit: http://www.linktv.org/madeintaiwan.
The Made in Taiwan series of new films has been created in partnership with the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in San Francisco and Taiwan's Government Information Office. Most of the films include new interviews with the filmmakers so audiences will also have the opportunity to meet energetic directors like Zero Chou, Ke Chin-yuan, Lin Tay-jou, Wen Zhi-yi, Chiang Hsiu-chiung and Cheng Wen-tang. Come and discover the distinct and vibrant Taiwanese culture through our young filmmakers’ eyes.
Link TV is a national satellite television station available on Channel 9410 on DISH® NETWORK and on Channel 375 on DIRECTV. You can also find out more about the films and interviews streamed at http://www.linktv.org/madeintaiwan. Link TV programs can also be found on select cable stations. In San Francisco, educational access TV Channel 27 airs Link TV all weekend long.
To find other cable stations that broadcast select Link TV programming, you can visit http://www.linktv.org/reception.
- The Press Division of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) in San Francisco represents the Government Information Office (GIO), Executive Yuan, Republic of China (Taiwan). GIO maintains nine Press Divisions in the United States, including the San Francisco office. The Press Divisions are in charge of promoting Taiwan's public relations and cultural exchanges. This blog is updated by the Press Division, TECO in San Francisco.
- Jade Mountain
- Taiwan’s Generation X: High hopes meet hard realit...
- Taiwanese vegetable vendor wins TIME's philanthrop...
- Taiwanese American Cultural Festival in Union Squa...
- "Made in Taiwan," a dynamic new film series starti...
- Taiwan directors share filmmaking experience at SF...
- President, opposition leader debate on China trade...
- World's cell phone leader keeps alert
- Once biggest school shrinks with declining birth r...
- Singles to be “punished” under new health insuranc...
- Taiwan tackles rising demand for guest workers
- Taiwan’s internet singing sensation takes US by st...
- ▼ May (12)