The Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in San Francisco, in conjunction with LinkTV, is proud to present two Taiwanese documentaries. Both will air on DirectTV Channel 375 / Dish Network Channel 9410. The Doctor will air from Aug. 31st - Sept. 19th and Let it Be will air from Sept. 8th -11th.
On Independence Day 1996, Felix, a Taiwanese-American boy, posts a puzzling notice on his bedroom door. Three hours later, he takes his own life. Devastated by the tragedy, his father, Dr. Wen, leaves Iowa City, his home of twenty years, and relocates to Miami, where the warm, sunny climate and the passage of time provides some distance from the traumatic experience. But his grief persists. Six years later, Sebastian, a cancer patient from Peru, comes to receive treatment from Wen, bringing an alternative perspective on life. This film focuses on the transience, conflicts, and mysteriousness of life through the stories of two adolescents of the same age. For more information, please visit http://www.linktv.org/programs/the-doctor
08/31/09: 11:00pm PT/ 2:00am ET
09/01/09: 12:00pm PT/ 3:00pm ET
09/04/09: 5:00pm PT / 8:00pm ET
09/05/09: 2:00am PT/ 5:00am ET
09/16/09: 9:00am PT/ 12:00pm ET
09/19/09: 2:00am PT/ 05:00am ET
09/19/09: 3:00pm PT/ 6:00pm ET
Let It Be
This documentary focuses on the everyday life and daily toil of three elderly rice farmers in the heart of Taiwan's rice-producing countryside. It is an inspiring film that explores man's relationship with the land. Even though the WTO has affected the farmers' livelihoods, their fortitude and humanity against hardship remains. For more information, pleae visit http://www.linktv.org/programs/let-it-be
09/08/09: 12:00pm PT/ 3:00pm ET
09/10/09: 10:00pm PT/ 1:00am ET
09/11/09: 7:00pm PT/ 10:00pm ET
- The Press Division of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) in San Francisco represents the Government Information Office (GIO), Executive Yuan, Republic of China (Taiwan). GIO maintains nine Press Divisions in the United States, including the San Francisco office. The Press Divisions are in charge of promoting Taiwan's public relations and cultural exchanges. This blog is updated by the Press Division, TECO in San Francisco.
- ► 2010 (76)
- Typhoon Morakat photo story
- Silicon Valley still leads, as Taiwan keeps pace
- Salt Lake’s Taiwanese Art and Film Festival begins...
- LinkTV airs Taiwanese documentaries, Aug 31st – Se...
- Salt Lake's Films Without Borders to screen Cape N...
- US firms urged to go public in Taiwan
- Help flows in for Typhoon Morakot's relief work
- Taiwan textiles face ASEAN challenge
- Taiwan malt whisky matures early
- Taiwan’s growing tourism industry seeks investment...
- Experts call for policy change after Morakot
- Summer Deaflympics kick-off in Taipei
- ▼ September (13)