If you’ve missed the chance to compete for Australia’s “Best Job in the World,” don’t miss the opportunity to win Taiwan’s “Best Trip in the World” contest!
Taiwan’s Tourism Bureau is inviting people from around the world to form teams of at least two people, one of whom must be a foreign national, to come up with a money-saving, yet creative four-day itinerary for a trip in Taiwan.
The fifty teams that come up with the best itineraries will be selected and will each receive NT$7,000 (US$212) per day for up to four days (NT$28,000 or US$848 in total), to spend during their trip in Taiwan. The teams will also have the chance to win the grand prize – NT$1,000,000 (US$30,000) to travel in Taiwan for a month!
To reach a broader audience, the Tourism Bureau launched “The Best Trip in the World” contest on its website on May 22nd, along with contest rules and details.
Interested teams can enter the contest online until June 30 by filling out the “Team Entry Form” in English, Chinese or Japanese; submitting an itinerary, called “Plan for Team Travel in Taiwan,” which should include a clear theme for their tour; and uploading a short video pitch introducing their team members on the contest website.
The Bureau will announce the 50 selected teams on July 10th. The 50 teams must then travel to Taiwan and complete their four-day trip based on their itinerary, before the Aug. 31 deadline.
During their trip in Taiwan, each of the 50 teams must produce a short video and write a 200-word blog entry about their activities each day and post them on the contest website. Online readers can vote for their favorite team. Any of the 50 participating teams will also be eligible to win a four-day, three-night hotel package plus flights for two people so they can travel to Taiwan again at a later date.
In addition, after the 50 teams complete their travels in Taiwan, they must post an 800-word travelogue accompanied by a 3 to 5-minute video covering the highlights of their trip by Sept. 30th. Once completed, they will then be eligible to compete in the second stage of the contest – “NT$1,000,000 to Travel in Taiwan”- in which the grand prize will be NT$1,000,000 (US$30,000) to travel around the island for a month.
The team that wins this contest will be selected partly through online voting, which will be conducted from Oct. 1st to 30th . A committee from the Tourism Bureau will make the final selection of the winning team and announced the winners on Nov. 15th .
What are you waiting for? Hurry up and gather your teammates to travel to Taiwan! For contest details, please visit: http://www.taiwanbesttrip.net/.
- The Press Division of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) in San Francisco represents the Government Information Office (GIO), Executive Yuan, Republic of China (Taiwan). GIO maintains nine Press Divisions in the United States, including the San Francisco office. The Press Divisions are in charge of promoting Taiwan's public relations and cultural exchanges. This blog is updated by the Press Division, TECO in San Francisco.
- ► 2010 (76)
- Branding lifts Taiwan’s tea industry
- Faced with worst drop in economic growth, Taiwan o...
- A New Era for Taiwan-PRC Relations, a panel discus...
- Taiwan descends on Licensing Int'l Expo in Las Veg...
- Taiwanese movie Artemisia to premiere on Link TV, ...
- Taiwan IT firms among world’s best performers
- Krugman advises on economic recovery, praises heal...
- Ma’s first year evaluated
- South Korea observes booming Chaiwan trade closely...
- Taiwan’s film heritage on show at the SF Public Li...
- Contest for an all-expanses paid monthlong tour of...
- ▼ June (11)