In celebration of Asian American Month 2009, Fresno City College will be showing two Taiwanese films on Tuesday, April 28th in the Student Lounge. Chocolate Rap, is a story about Choco, a young man whose passion for dancing conflicts with his father’s more practical expectations. The film will screen at 4PM. Three Times by renowned director Hou Hsiao-hsien will screen at 6PM.
The movie focuses on three tales of love (1911, 1966 and 2005) set in different eras. Each screening will be followed by a Q&A session with faculty member John Cho and Manfred Peng, director of the Press Division-TECO. For more information about the program, please contact College Activities at (559) 265-5711 or John Cho at (559) 442-4600, extension. 8349. http://online.fresnocitycollege.edu/asianamericanmonth.
- The Press Division of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) in San Francisco represents the Government Information Office (GIO), Executive Yuan, Republic of China (Taiwan). GIO maintains nine Press Divisions in the United States, including the San Francisco office. The Press Divisions are in charge of promoting Taiwan's public relations and cultural exchanges. This blog is updated by the Press Division, TECO in San Francisco.
- ► 2010 (76)
- Taiwan’s well-oiled health care system serves as a...
- Overseas compatriot minister visits San Francisco
- Taiwanese Americans to be counted in next US censu...
- Taiwanese film wins Golden Gates Award at the SF I...
- Fresno City College shows Taiwanese films on April...
- Taiwan commemorates the 30th Anniversary of TRA wi...
- Ma considers meeting Premier Wen after “substantia...
- Ma: Taiwan focuses on six core industries
- Taiwan plans to lift ban on Chinese investments
- Taiwan issues casino licenses amid protests
- Discussion of Chinese characters rekindled: Tradit...
- ▼ April (11)